This evening I cut out a lamp shade from a pattern I have had

I want to do something different, but can not find the wire lamp shade frames. If anyone knows where I could look I would appreciate you let me know.

On my way home today I stopped in at Michael's Craft Store, but they do not have any. I did not have  time to stop at hobby lobby. I am not sure what I want to do with it. I cut several out tonight. Here is the photo. I adjusted it to where the top opening is 5" and the bottom is 16 1/2".  I do have some room to play either way. I might just check Goodwill and see if I can find an old one that needs repair and use that frame. I would rather just order one and have it sent to my front door, lol.  I do not have lots of free time to go shopping. I do most of my shopping online these days.  I need to find me a frame and figure out what I want to do with it. Any suggestions?

Maybe this would be a great giveaway too. I could give one away on my blog and you could decorate it for your home. I might just get some inspiration this way. One reason I have not made any in such a long time, is we  have a second home up for sale and once it sales, I want to pay someone to come in and paint this house. I want color. When we purchased this house 2 years ago, it was painted all tan and white trim. It looks good, but I want color. So this is why I am having such time at deciding what I want to do with  this shade..  Maybe I should put it up until we get to paint the house. It might not match if I make it now. I want to make something besides cards. Do you ever feel this way. Maybe the new cake cartridges will have some nice borders I can use.

Who would like to have one?  They are pretty easy to glue to those wire frames.  You could do what I may bave too, and use an old lamp shade from a yard sale, goodwill, etc...If these rug rats did not keep me so busy, I might would have time to go find one, lol. A few years ago, I added butterflies and ribbon with dangling beads for Caitlin's room.  It is real girly

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You always come up with such great ideas!!! I would never have thought to do this but, I may now have to try. What cartridge did you use? You got me when you said you added beads to one for your grand daughter.

Take care

Mary Jean said...

what a great idea! Now you have to hit the garage sales and find the shade bones! What size paper did you use to start with?

Turnedgypsy said...

My granddaughter's was much smaller. It was that ribbon with beads that dangle down. I add that to the bottom. She took and glued butterflies to it herself. It is cute.

Miria said...

Maybe try a Big Lots, they always have finds in there. Or try a freecycle group on yahoo.

Kate said...

What a great idea!