Big Shot Machine to emboss the lid

This is another project which will be entering into a contest.
.Gift box.
 I cut everything out in white Mat Board,

Base: Cut mat board 4 inch by 12 and score every 1 inches. Fold the base into a barrel shape and add double sided tape to seal the barrel. I used 1/4 inch wide tape.

Cut (1) 4 inch circle for the bottom and attach with 1/4"  double stick tape.

I cut (1) scallop circle at 4 1/2 inches, you could still cut another plain circle at 4 inches if you have no way to cut a scallop.On each scallop score down 1/2 inches so your scallop will fold down nicely around your base top. You can do this with a bone folder, or a score tool.  I embossed this scallop circle using a Cuttlebug emboss folder by running it through my Big Shot machine. Inked with Pigment ink pad in Hot Pink.

Add border of choice or no border at all to the bottom by wrapping all the way around. I used a good glue stick for this border.

Handle is scrap wire that I had which  I added beads. I punched a hole on both sides of the base near the top so I could thread my wire through for the handle. I looped the wire inside to make sure it stays put.

If you want to make this box and do not have mat board, you can use poster board, cardstock or cereal boxes.

Finishing touch I added a paper flower. I used Viva Decor Liquid Pearl Pen to add the pearl embellishment in center of flower. You could add a button or any embellishment of your choice.

This is a very easy project. Make it as big or small as you like. Just have fun and play around with sizes to see what fits your next gift.

I plan on adding a bracelet to my little gift box..


Emboss Machine and Cuttlebug Flower Emboss folder
Mat Board White
Score Tool
Paper Flower or Embellishment of Choice
Colorbox Hot Pink Pigment Ink for Lid and border
Craft wire
Beads
Glue Dots to attach flower
Glue Stick to attach border
1/4 inch wide double sided tape to build box